Happy Fat Tuesday!
Hope you are enjoying the week. I had off yesterday, it was glorious! I’m not sure how I’m going survive a full week of work next week!
This past weekend I went up to DE to be with my Valentine on Valentine’s Day. On Saturday, we finally saw Avatar. After the movie, we went to the newly opened Santa Fe Wilmington. We both really enjoyed this place. The food is what they called “latin fusion”, very delicious. Dave’s meal came out in a lava rock bowl, it was pretty awesome. I would have loved to do a full review with pictures, but the lighting was very dim/intimate.
Here are some random things going on:
- The snow is still around, I wish it would melt faster than it is. I want to run for miles and miles, but the snow is in my way 😦
- I received some good news at work today!
- I’m giving up ALL sweets for Lent. No cookies, cake, ice cream, candy, pie, and muffins might even make that list. Usually I just give up cookies or candy, but I’m cutting it all out until Easter, which comes at a very good time (details coming soon!)
- I love LOST, can’t believe this is the final season!
A quick update on the long weekend:
- I heart the train! I think I say this every time.
- Turkey day was delicious – didn’t wake up in time for the 5k, but was able to run before the intake of mass amounts of calories began.
- The new Urban Wildlife Refuge in Wilmington is super awesome.
- VT beat UD! The game at the Palestra in Philly was pretty cool, UD tied the game to kick it into overtime.
- I’m the only one who loves ‘Pink Stuff’ – working on a fancy French name for my cranberry mold, hoping a name change will confuse others into loving it as much as I do. (note to self: find cranberry mold lovers club, if one does not exist, start one, vote self as president)
I enjoyed every minute of my super awesome long weekend in DE.
I missed my family, but it was great to spend time with Dave (awwww!).
I’m heading to Cancun in 5 days for a wedding. The weather is going to be in the high 80’s. The current weather in VA – cold and rainy. I must remember to take more vacations during the winter, especially to places where it feels like summer.
Update on crafts: So I had a minor set-back in my sewing adventures. Turns out you need a presser foot to use a sewing machine and I seemed to have lost mine. Ordered a new one online, hopefully I will get soon. Fun xmas gifts and crafts may turn into winter gifts and crafts