For awhile now, I’ve been wanting to update the 2 high top chairs in our kitchen. There has always been a reason it was never at the top of my to do list, but this year I made a short list of things I wanted to do around the house, which has finally helped me in actually accomplishing things I’ve had on my list for a couple years now (maybe I’m really just not being so lazy any more).
The upholstery fabric on the chairs was a cream color and after 5 years, it was starting to look dirty. I found some new fabric at Joanne’s and a couple weekends ago attempted to upholster for the first time.
Aside from picking out the fabric and finding someone in Dave’s family that had a staple gun, the project was pretty simple. I unscrewed the cushions from the chair, removed the old fabric (this was the hard part, there were at least 30 staples on each cushion!), cut out my new fabric, pulled the fabric tight and stapled like crazy.
They went from this:
It was such a simple project and I LOVE how the chairs turned out. They look great in the kitchen and I had that ‘project-successfully-complete’ glow for the rest of the day. It’s so fun when you update something and you find silly reasons to go back and look at what you’ve done.
If only there were more things to upholster in the house!