Hey friends, what’s going on? A whole lot has been going on here. Here’s a recap of the past 8 days:
- A few good dinners and outings out with a few good friends
- Hanging out at The White House – yep, Dave scored tour tickets, it was so cool! No photo evidence, my only proof is that I know the “Green Room” and the “Red Room” have fabric on the walls.
- Tour of DC with the Duszaks, complete with Newseum tour, protest at the Capitol (from a distance), Dupont Circle, and waving to Obama as he drove by.
- Packing up most of my stuff
- Selling my furniture
- Enjoying the spring weather and lovely spring flowers
- $1 move showing of “The Blind Side” (great movie!)
- Weeds viewing marathon
I have 3 days of work left. In 5 days, Delaware will be the place I call home. And this time next week, I will be on a plane heading for London. Yep, my life will be completely different in a week. Quite a crazy thought.
For now, I’m enjoying listening to the rain on my air mattress and just relaxing. My only plans for the weekend are to enjoy some Arlington adventures with K8, attempt to learn some survival French, and some last-minute research for the trip.
Hope all is well with you!